Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Ipoh of Yore







































25 December 2010
Scratching Post, Weekender, The Star
Link to Star article


I'd like to thank Ian Anderson from Ipohworld for kindly contributing the two evocative photos used in this article.

Ipohworld, an education-based, not-for-profit organization, has done some truly remarkable work in promoting awareness and appreciation of Perak, with particular focus on Ipoh. It has become the leading information archive on Ipoh's heritage, as well as the liveliest online community for Perakeans.

Give them a shout at www.ipohworld.org

2 comments:

pelf said...

The entire article rings true to me, except the Rendezvous part. LOL.

My Mum was the one who took me to my first "fine-dining restaurant". And that was the first time I set food into the then most classy place in town, to order my first chicken chop.

Oh, and Cockman St. has been rename Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar. Such a long road name, LOL.

Alex said...

LOL Cockman Street rolls mucccccccccccccccccch more easily off the tongue, doesn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails